Mother’s Day as we know it has been around since 1908.
Mother’s Day is the busiest day for florists, followed by Valentine’s Day, according to www.theledger.com. Across the nation, grammar school children, full of pride, present their lovingly-made art projects as gifts to their mothers. There is a lot of attention given to this day, and rightfully so, as it’s a wonderful opportunity to show our appreciation for everything that mothers do for us.
We, too, at Hawaiian Tel Federal Credit Union would like to give a tribute to all our employees’ moms. Those special ladies who raised our stellar staff, who go beyond to assist with their grandchildren, and who will always be their child’s biggest supporter.
Our staff went on camera to say why, “My Mom ROCKS”! From cancer survivors, great cooks, and hard workers, to just being the best friend we’ll ever have, the reasons were as diverse and unique as our moms themselves. They truly exemplify what it means to ROCK!
Check out our videos below:
King Street Branch
New Accounts Dept
Thank you MOMS, for all that you do!
Why does YOUR mom ROCK?
On April 27, 2018, Zippy’s Restaurants announced that they experienced a data breach of their own in which customers’ card information may have been impacted. The breach spanned from November 23, 2017 through March 29, 2018, and information such as the cardholder’s name, card number, expiration date, and security code may have been compromised during that time.
Although this may sound scary for many of us, as Zippy’s is a popular local eatery and this incident literally hits close to home, here’s some important information we can all use to become diligent fraudbusters:
Your Money’s Safe with Us
As a HiTel FCU member, you will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions. These are transactions that you, the account holder, did not make yourself nor grant permission for. Report fraudulent transactions in a timely manner and be sure to include any supporting documentation, such as police reports and notarized affidavits.
Here are a few things you can do to actively stay on top of your account:
- Set up alerts for your Debit Card. As a HiTel FCU member, you have access to our free fraud alert service. Our fraud detection program is constantly monitoring all transactions and will contact you immediately via text regarding any suspicious activity. Simply reply “Yes” to confirm that you authorized the payment in question. Reply “No” if you did not, and a fraud specialist will contact you to help protect your account. For enhanced security for your HiTel FCU Mastercard Debit Card, download our MobiMoney app to take charge of your account. With this app, you have full control:
- Receive alerts whenever you have a transaction
- Adjust the type of alerts you receive by location, type of merchant, type of transaction, and spend limits
- Restrict card usage according to location, type of merchant, type of transaction, and spend limits
- And switch your card “On/Off”. When your card is switched “off”, all transactions (except for recurring payments) will be denied until you switch your card back “on”. This is helpful in the event that your card ever goes missing or stolen.
- Sign up for Credit Card alerts in VISA Online. VISA Online is not only for viewing your HiTel FCU VISA Credit Card statements or making payments, you can also set alerts! When you enroll in alerts, you can tether your e-mail address or phone number (or both!) to receive these messages:
- Alerts for transactions greater than a set amount
**Alert Tip** Sign up for “Alerts for transactions greater than a set amount” and set the notification to $1. You will get all transaction notifications, including international, online, and declined if it is $1 or more.
- International transactions
- Transactions outside of every day use
- Online transactions
- Declined transactions
- Review Your Account Activity Regularly. Whether you’re looking at your monthly paper statements, checking your account activity online via Home Branching, or even just taking a quick glance through our MyMobile app, checking your accounts regularly makes it easier for you to catch potential fraudulent charges. Report suspicious charges immediately to HiTel FCU at (808) 832-8700.
Below are other important numbers you can call:
If your ATM ShareCard or HiTel FCU MasterCard Debit Card is lost or stolen during non-business hours, please call:
(800) 528-2273 (within US)
(812) 647-9794 (international)
If you are having problems with your HiTel FCU VISA Credit Card, please call:
If your HiTel FCU VISA Credit Card is lost or stolen, please call:
- Never hesitate to reach out to us for account guidance. As your Credit Union, we are here to help you with all your financial needs. Contact us at (808) 832-8700 or
click here to submit an inquiry online.
- Close and reopen the affected credit/debit card(s) that was potentially compromised. HiTel FCU will issue you new cards free of charge. If you feel the need to, we can also help you close and reopen the account associated with your debit/credit card(s).
- Review your credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com. Simply request your credit reports and follow the instructions to view your scores online. You can also view your scores for free at these three reporting agencies (Equifax.com, Experian.com, and TransUnion.com). These agencies can also put a freeze on your credit file to prevent identity thieves from opening any accounts in your name (keep in mind that this will require time and your permission to thaw when credit is required).
Stay Up to Date
Knowledge is power. Visit www.zippys.com/security for detailed information regarding the data breach. You can also visit www.hitelfcu.com/zippys for updates and answers to frequently asked questions.